Taxi Red Jet West Cowes
As a result of TJ Taxis being based on the Red Jet taxi terminal in West Cowes, We will always be right where you need us, when you need us.
So, If you call us as soon as you board the Red Jet At Southampton then that will give us About 20 minutes to arrange a taxi to be waiting for you once you arrive at the Red jet terminal in West Cowes.
Waiting to go to the other side? Fancy a quick coffee or a pint? Well we are also right next to The Fountain Inn. How convenient.
Again, if you are arriving as a foot passenger on the car ferry, and call us as you board at Southampton, this will give us approximately 1 hour to arrange your pick up.
Did you know Red Jet 7 is the latest in the red jet fleet.
Red Jet 7 Overview
- Builder: Wight Shipyard Ltd, Venture Quays, East Cowes, Isle of Wight UK
- Type: 40m Catamaran Passenger Ferry
- Speed: 38 knots @ 85% maximum continuous rating
- Range: 200 nautical miles @ 38 knot service speed
- Crew: 1 x Commander; 1 x Mate; 1-2 x Cabin Attendant (max crew 4)
- Passenger capacity: 275 seated + 2 wheelchairs
- Length (overall): 41.12m; Waterline length (excluding waterjet): 37.94m; Beam moulded: 10.87m
- Draught (loaded): 1.30m; Freeboard: 2.50m
- Tank capacities: Fuel oil 5,000 litres; Fresh water 1,000 litres; Lube oil 50 litres; Sullage 500 litres; Oil Bilge 400 litres
- Main engines: 4 x MTU 10V 2000 M72 direct injection liquid cooled turbocharged intercooled diesels each developing 900kW @ 2,250 rpm. Total combined output: 3600kW. Exhaust emissions meet MARPOL directive IMO II
- Gearboxes: ZF 3050D
- Propulsion: 4 x Hamilton HM571 waterjets
- Steering: Vector control of thrust and steering of both twin waterjets
- Generators: 2 x 55kW 415v 3 phase 50Hz
- Trim Control: Humphree interceptors to maintain low-wash characteristic
Navigation & Communications
- Radar: 2 x Furuno FAR2817 radars with 6.5ft open array antennas – 12kW “X” Band. 19″ type approved monitors
- Electronic charting: 2 x Furuno FMD3200 ECDIS system supplied with EC3000 processor. 19″ type approved monitors
- GPS: 2 x Furuno GP170 GPS navigator with Furuno OP-20-23DGPS beacon set
- Gyro Compass: Simrad GC85
- Radio: 2 x Furuno FM-8900S class “A” DSC VHF radio telephone with handset
- AIS: Furuno FA150 class “A” AIS system supplied with FA1502 display unit & transponder